What is telecommunications software development?
Companies in the telecommunications industry need to employ creative and innovative software solutions to streamline back-office processes such as customer acquisition, provisioning, product maintenance, billing and collections. They also must offer attractive, compelling digital services to satisfy customer demand and reduce phone calls.
Telecommunications software development solutions include:
- Billing systems: Flexible, real-time solutions for subscribers and operators, online bill display and payment etc
- Monitoring: Fault detection and management, fraud protection, performance management etc
- CRM systems: Loyalty programs, account management, customer acquisition and retention etc
- Customer portals: Customer self-service, product and deal management, mobile optimisation, etc
- Reporting and data analysis: Data warehousing, business intelligence, predictive analytics, etc
- Corporate portals: Workforce management, document management, task and project management, workflow automation etc
- Mobile and web applications
The huge competition within the industry, and threats from disrupters like Skype are pushing businesses to think outside the box. Now they need to go above and beyond their specialties, and must be prepared to innovate and provide excellent customer service.
Telecommunications software development presents numerous opportunities for businesses to rebrand, release new products and services, and provide customers with better service.