What is IT Staff Augmentation?
Due to the growing expectation from consumers of more convenient, higher quality and more cost-effective products and services, businesses are under constant pressure to evolve and innovate, or face extinction. In order to stand out from the pack and provide superior customer service over their competitors, businesses must build increasingly sophisticated internal and external systems, and make good use of the available technology. All this takes careful planning, and resources to execute. This can be problematic if your existing IT staff are already stretched to the max, and resist taking on more work. Existing IT staff might be “stuck in their ways” and not willing or able to innovate. You could consider hiring more staff to complete projects that you know would provide a return to the business, however this could be a costly long term commitment, and somewhat of a lottery as to how quickly (if ever) they would become effective. But you want and need results quickly.
How it works
IT Staff Augmentation is an excellent strategy for bringing more IT capability into your business, to deliver more projects in less time and expense, which is a win-win for everyone involved.
LOWER THE RISKS
- Augmented staff are part of your core team.
- Lower the risks by having full-control of the augmented staff.
- Add a specific technical expertise that is required for the project, at reasonable costs.
- Reduce cost of acquiring skills.
- They will adhere to your internal business process.
- Communicate and report to your core team as per your requirement.
- They can work remotely, coming in only at specific times, if office space is an issue.
Why Intergy Consulting?
There are many business benefits to IT staff augmentation:
- Increased skills – quickly access unique, specific or advanced skills and overcome project challenges.
- New perspective – inject new ideas into your in-house team and have the opportunity to innovate.
- Cost savings – save on hiring, advertising, interviewing and training costs, not to mention avoiding the cost of additional salaries. With lower overheads, your business can become more cost-efficient.
- Greater agility – quickly increase or reduce your team’s capacity to meet business demands and have the ability to respond to market landscape changes.
When you partner with us, you get access to top IT talent without having to worry about recruitment or management. You will incur no costs for sick leave, holiday leave or payroll tax, so you can focus on building your team’s capabilities without creating more work for yourself.
If you need to expand your IT team’s capacity, first you’ll need to define the specialist skill sets you need and your requirements. Once we have that information, we can find team members with the talent to match your needs. What’s more, you can conduct as many interviews as you like before deciding to hire.
You can either choose for your augmented team members to work with you on-site or they can work remotely and collaborate using online tools. We can work with you to help find the approach that will best suit your company’s needs.
IT projects often need specialist skills and it can be challenging, not to mention expensive, to permanently recruit the necessary team members. With staff augmentation, you can gain access to the best IT experts and immediately increase your capabilities. So, if you need specific skill sets, want to scale your team quickly, can’t afford in-house developers, or don’t have time to build an in-house team, staff augmentation may well be the answer.
When you hire top talent through our IT staff augmentation service, you should have everything you need to make your project a success. However, it pays to ensure you define your requirements, set out clear deadlines and communicate effectively throughout. Augmented staff will become part of your existing team, so teamwork really is the key to success.