What is IT Staff Augmentation?
Due to the growing expectation from consumers of more convenient, higher quality and more cost-effective products and services, businesses are under constant pressure to evolve and innovate, or face extinction. In order to stand out from the pack and provide superior customer service over their competitors, businesses must build increasingly sophisticated internal and external systems, and make good use of the available technology. All this takes careful planning, and resources to execute. This can be problematic if your existing IT staff are already stretched to the max, and resist taking on more work. Existing IT staff might be “stuck in their ways” and not willing or able to innovate. You could consider hiring more staff to complete projects that you know would provide a return to the business, however this could be a costly long term commitment, and somewhat of a lottery as to how quickly (if ever) they would become effective. But you want and need results quickly.
How it works
IT Staff Augmentation is an excellent strategy for bringing more IT capability into your business, to deliver more projects in less time and expense, which is a win-win for everyone involved.
LOWER THE RISKS
- Augmented staff are part of your core team.
- Lower the risks by having full-control of the augmented staff.
- Add a specific technical expertise that is required for the project, at reasonable costs.
- Reduce cost of acquiring skills.
- They will adhere to your internal business process.
- Communicate and report to your core team as per your requirement.
- They can work remotely, coming in only at specific times, if office space is an issue.