“Intergy Consulting has helped develop the Purchase Order Management System for KONE Elevators Australia, this system has given us the complete visibility of our orders and manage third-party warehouses remotely, it has satisfied all the needs for Logistics, Installation and Accounting team. We are continuously working with Intergy to improve the system, Intergy has given us the full support and providing great customer service.”
NEB Supply Manager
KONE Elevators Pty Ltd
KONE is one of the global leaders in the elevator and escalator industry. The company has been committed to understanding the needs of its customers for the past 100 years, providing industry-leading elevators, escalators and automatic building doors as well as innovative solutions for modernization and maintenance. In 2009, KONE had an annual sales in excess of 6.5 billion (AUD) and had approximately 34,000 employees.
Intergy has extensive experience in building Purchase Order Management Systems for the Elevator Industry. Our industry specific, but customer tailored Purchase Order Management Systems play a vital role in the day to day operations of each business, acting as a communication tool between the purchasing and management personnel, vendors/suppliers and third party warehouses. Our systems integrate with their internal SAP system, and push purchase orders onto the web in reach of their hundreds of vendors. In addition, our systems provide a cost-effective barcoding / warehouse management solution that provide instant visibility of project items either in transit or stored temporarily at a warehouse.
Intergy develops and supports the Purchase Order Management Systems in place for KONE Australia Pty Ltd and KONE Inc. (USA), as well as other leading Elevator companies in Australia.
Intergy developed a system that co-ordinates all of the data exchanges between purchasing, logistics, vendors and warehouses. Vendors, both local and overseas, can access the POMS/Vendor website from anywhere so the information exchange is instantaneous and effective. Orders and deliveries are now barcoded and tracked every step of the way until the project is completed, and storage costs are closely monitored. What was previously a time consuming and manual process has been streamlined so that everybody wins.
- Secured Vendor login and management of their Purchase Orders, including update of order status, estimated factory departure date, acknowledgement number, and general remarks/comments
- Instant feedback of order updates made by KONE (e.g. price / quantity) recorded online and emailed to affected Vendors, and updates made by Vendors (e.g. ex works date / shipping status) emailed to relevant KONE staff, eliminating any miscommunication
- Reminder emails to Vendors regarding overdue orders
- Consignment note creation, allocation of purchase orders to cases (packages), and barcode generation directly from the online system
- View Invoicing information
- Advanced ad-hoc queries
- KONE shipping reports, KPI reporting, website statistic reporting
- Site Readiness (dispatch note) creation by KONE automatically creates entries in warehouse work queues
- Warehouse stock on hand and monthly billing reports
- Bulk scanning of case arrivals via inexpensive mobile barcode pen, which can be cradled to a PC application
- Secured Warehouse login for dispatch consignment note creation
- KONE Administrator access to control user access, and configure lookups (e.g. Warehouse charges, etc.)
The website and data warehouse is built using Microsoft ASP.NET, Classic ASP and a variety of third party graphical components. Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 database, Jobs and DTS packages are used. SQL Server Reporting Services is used for reporting.