EMI Production Music is the longest established production music supplier in Australia and New Zealand and its music has been used in some of this region’s most recognised TV programs, promos, commercials, films and new media. EMI’s massive production music collection features works from leading commercial songwriters, games composers and world famous film soundtrack composers, amongst others.
When EMI decided to launch a new portable hard-drive-based application with advanced features that the existing architecture could not provide, they approached Intergy to investigate the optimal solution.
Intergy developed the EMI V4 Mini-Drive, a cross-platform application that added many new features, and was faster and more user friendly than its predecessor. It is quick and easy to navigate through the 85,000+ high definition MP3 / WAV tracks, and offers the following major features:
- Thesaurus cloud
- Multiple playlists & Favourites bin
- Import & exporting of playlists
- Fast cuesheets (Apra) forms
- Quick jump CD view
- Track notes
- Easy library browsing (with CD thumbnails)
- Cross-platform. Mac, PC & network friendly
- Optional user updates allow users to add new music regularly.
The application is built using Oracle Java 6.