Property Funds is a property funds management company, responsible for all the property investments under their management. Centuria currently manages property funds with a collective value of over $1.1 billion, through 30 unlisted funds. Centuria Property Funds focuses on purchasing high quality, investment-grade property on behalf of their private investors, and a number of private banks, investment banks and financial advisors.
Centuria Investor Database (CID)
Centuria required a highly secure, reliable and scalable application to manage the investments in their funds. Intergy designed and developed both an internal and externally-facing web application for this purpose. The internal system is accessible only to Centuria Staff (from within their secure intranet environment), and the external system is available to authorised investors and advisors via login ID/password, and is linked to from the Centuria main website. The external system provides a view of current and historical units, distributions made, plus all relevant correspondence generated (such as tax statements, annual investor statements, quarterly reports, and general fund financial statements). The application saves Centuria staff a significant amount of time, and streamlines investor communications.
Intergy developed a web based application for internal users to login and maintain investors and advisor information, fund information, custodians, and grouping categories. The system integrates with the Australian banking system to efficiently handle the monthly and quarterly investor distributions.
- Unit Holdings management: Centuria staff can add/redeem unit holdings and transfer units between investments. The system supports variable unit prices.
- Distributions: Authorised users can generate Quarterly, Monthly and Special distributions for the funds. The system automatically calculates distribution amounts for the investments based on the weighted average percentage share of the fund for each investor. Investors can opt to re-invest the distribution in which case their share will be added back to their unit holdings at the applicable unit price.
- Tax and Distribution Statements: Tax and Distribution Statements are generated in the web application using SQL Reporting Services and are Centuria branded. Tax and Distribution statements take into consideration any foreign or withholding tax requirements.
- Mass correspondence: Centuria staff can upload mass correspondence to investments of a fund or multiple funds. This allows staff to send correspondence to all the investors/advisors in a few clicks (which then investors/advisors are notified of, and can then logon to the external system and check).
- Banking file generation: The system automatically generates an ABA File in the format defined by the bank to transfer distributions to the Investors.
- Reports: Intergy has built various custom management reports to help Centuria Staff to respond in an efficient way to investor/advisor queries.
- External web application: This is available from the Centuria main marketing website so the investors and advisors can login and check their details, unit holdings, distributions and correspondence. A replication process has been implemented to synchronise the data from the internal database to the external database.
ASP.NET (C#), Web Services, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Reporting Services and SQL Server Replication.